Sunday, June 19, 2011

Robins Nest Project

This creation would make a lovely Anniversary gift for someone by using their wedding photo to produce a very personal gift. What could be more appreciated than knowing that someone had taken their time to make a very special gift for them.


Photobucket


I used a black and white vintage photo of a wedding couple. Colour was added to the bouquet, and the grooms boutonniere and the brides lips with a marvy marker. The bride's headpiece is highlighted with diamond sticklers. This picture was attached to a wooden frame which was cover with a piece of wallpaper. Lace with the same colour threads as the flower print on paper was added around the picture. I braided white ribbon and added this to the inside of the lace. Flowers were tipped with diamond sticklers and then attached to the corner of the photo. In the top two corners I added a little bow and then opalescent embellishments were added to each corner of the frame.

WeddingPhoto03



WeddingPhoto02



WeddingPhoto04



Photobucket


Robins Nest Emblem



Photobucket

Monday, June 13, 2011

Is it Edible Tags from Art for the Creative Minds

Here are the tags that I made for this swap. The "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" was a tag cut from a wall paperbook that I attached to chipboard. The little white flowers were attached with yellow brads to make them look like daisies. For the "Passion Flakey" tag I tore a recipe from an old book and stained it with coffee. It was then attached to the tag and I used cutouts from a Flakey box to complete the tag. I hope my partner likes them.

Photobucket

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gothic Arch - Things with Wings

Here is my swap card for Art for the Creative Mind Gothic Arch Swap "Thing With Wings". I made it as a triptych . I made the brick design by hand. The two columns at the front were stamped, embossed and then cut out. The same was done for the Gargoyles. They were then attached with two sided foam tape to give dimension.

Photobucket





I continued with the brick design on the inside and then added a piece of black paper on this I attached the dragon (which was coloured in with prisma pencils) with two sided foam tape for dimension.

The edges all around the arch inside and out were sponged with black ink to give an old world look.
Photobucket