Website Banner

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gothic Arch - Things with Wings

Here is my swap card for Art for the Creative Mind Gothic Arch Swap "Thing With Wings". I made it as a triptych . I made the brick design by hand. The two columns at the front were stamped, embossed and then cut out. The same was done for the Gargoyles. They were then attached with two sided foam tape to give dimension.

Photobucket





I continued with the brick design on the inside and then added a piece of black paper on this I attached the dragon (which was coloured in with prisma pencils) with two sided foam tape for dimension.

The edges all around the arch inside and out were sponged with black ink to give an old world look.
Photobucket

10 comments:

littlethings1 said...

Wow , I dont think I would of been able to cut the dragon out ! Great job !! Your little pig is adorable ! Many years ago I use to raise them !!!! Brings back some memories looking at him !
Eunice
The Little Things

Heather said...

Your arch card is really cool! I love dragons...the arch looks just like a castle...dungeon...fabulously Medieval!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fabulous arch card! I want to make one...one of these days! Fabulous card. Bless you- take it easy- isn't the art relaxing!

2amscrapper said...

beautiful brick work and fussy cutting! take care of yourself!

loz said...

stunning creation Christine..Laurel

Sandi McLean said...

Very cool card! I've popped over from Bella Creations and am your newest follower! Hugs..Sandi

Unknown said...

Love your projects Christine!

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome card! Love the arch...the dragon is amazing. You did an amazing job on creating!!!

Sharon said...

Love this Gothoic Arch card! Beautiful front!

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a great design!

Lucy x