This post is about Trends. I hope that you enjoy it.
WHAT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS YEAR:
- Well, this isn't new - last year, travel themed products were everywhere. If you invested, in maps, compasses, luggage, etc. you were wise because that trend remains HOT.
- Do you get a thrill from shopping at Office Depot or Office Zilla? Well, our reporters saw lots of office/stationery stuff too - note cards, lines for notepaper, stuff like that. You might be looking at the stuff in your office in a whole new way.
- Arrows and feathers were hot last year and remain so. I don't get the "feather thing" but whatever, if you do, you're HOT.
- You'll see more companies carrying dies to coordinate with their stamps. Hero Arts has been doing this for awhile, but you'll see more and more of it. I love this but it's expensive -- you have to be careful to pick dies that you think will be used often and have a versatile appeal.
- Project Life is HUGE. It's all over. Companies trying their own lines and if they're not, making elements that fit with existing 3x4 and 4x6 pockets from other companies. I am a big Project Life fan. Great concept for scrapbooking and many of the small journaling cards are still cute popped up on a card front.
- Were you a fan of the chevron? You trendsetter you! Yep -- it's still around. Ditto for Hexagons. In my mind, it's quilt patterns.
- Vintage -- cameras, typewriters, luggage, phones. Here's a Tim Holtz stamp set that I expect to be very popular.
- Felt, embroidery and twine. Think texture. Think sewing. Think "homespun."
- Mixed reviews from my reporters on chalkboard as a theme. I think this is a yes -- it's all over Pinterest and in the digital community, but not yet in stamps.
- WASHI TAPE
- Want to know the hot colors? The picture above is of the Pantone Colors for 2013. Personally, I'm a fan of the "color of the year" EMERALD, as I think it's a neutral like Stampin' Up! Old Olive and will go with everything. Heard lots of groans and signs about it.... but I'm happy. Love the basics and think this will be a color that will stand the test of time.