"Composition Book" Cover
This is swap for the internet group Stamping, Swapping, Scrapping Democracy (SSSD). We were to choose a Month and create a theme for that month. Seven people signed for this swap. We were required to make seven identical covers.
I chose October and a Halloween Theme.
Once completed, I mailed the seven duplicate covers to the hostess of the swap for distribution among the group members.
- Cut a piece of black heavy card stock 6 1/2" by 8"
- Cut a piece of orange Cardstock ( I use Bazzill) approx 5 1/2" X 6"
- The middle of the orange card stock was cut out using a SizzixDie Bigx-Top Note
- Do not throw the cutaway piece out. It can be stamped or embellished for future for card fronts.
- Cut a piece of punchinella cut from corner to corner of the base piece
- Attach the punchinella to the card stock with a piece of double sided tape.
- The main design ( the spooky house is a cuttlebug die)
- White pigment ink was dragged over over the house image to give an eerie effect.
- The windows and moon where highlighted with gold pen
- Attach the main design on the backside of the frame with the coloured design showing.
- Attach the frame with the design to the card on top of the punchinella
- Stamp a Halloween saying on a piece of orange card stock and attach it to a piece of black card stock.
- Embellish as desired
A "composition book" cover is a particular style of notebook, pictured below.